2018 General Election Guide
2018 Democratic Party General Election Candidates:
2018 Voter Registration Information:
The last day to register to vote in the spring primary was April 9th. Individuals who will be 18 or older as of November 6th may register for the General Election by October 9th. You can register to vote at the Floyd County Clerk’s Office or online at https://indianavoters.in.gov/. If your address has changed since the last time you voted, you must update your address with the Clerk’s Office or using the oline registration system. Individuals may also obtain voter registration form at the Floyd County Democratic Party Headquarters located at 312 Bank Street, New Albany, IN.
2018 Vote Center Information:
Floyd County follows the Vote Center model for the conduct of county and municipal elections. As opposed to the Precinct Model which requires individuals to report to an assigned polling site, the use of Vote Centers allows a voter to cast a ballot at any Vote Center location. It also expands early voting options by allowing for individuals to cast their vote throughout the week and on the two Saturdays prior to the election at designated Early Vote Centers. Voters also still have the option to vote absentee by mail or by Travel Board.
EARLY VOTING IN THE FLOYD COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE
311 Hauss Square, Room 235; New Albany
· In the Primary: April 10th – May 4th (Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) and ending May 7th at noon
· In the General Election: October 10th – November 2nd (Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) and ending November 5th at noon
EARLY VOTING AT THE FOLLOWING SATELLITE LOCATIONS
· In the Primary: April 30th – May 4th (Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
· In the General Election: October 29th – November 2nd (Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- Spring Primary - April 28th and May 5th (during hours of 8:00am-4:00pm)
- General Election - October 27th and November 3rd (during hours of 8:00am-4:00pm)
ELECTION DAY VOTING
Tuesday, May 8th, and Tuesday, November 6th
The following sites will be open on Primary Election Day on Tuesday, May 8th and General Election Day on Tuesday, November 6th, from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Registered Floyd County Voters can vote at ANY of these vote centers.
For more information, go to www.floydcountyclerk.org or call 812-948-5411.
ID Required for Voting:
At the Vote Center, you must provide a state or federally issued PHOTO ID, such as an Indiana driver’s license, an Indiana photo ID card, a Military ID, or a U.S. Passport. If you do not possess an ID that is acceptable for voting purposes, you may obtain an Indiana State ID Card for free at any Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) branch. For information about what documents are required by the BMV to obtain an ID, contact your local BMV branch.